HPIS helps decision-makers increase productivity by delegating their analytical tasks to us. Our clients include executives and directors of private and public companies, investment firms, family offices, and their portfolio companies. We have more than 10 years of M&A and consulting experience and a track record with over $14 billion in closed transactions.
Private Equity Managers
Delegate standard functions to our team and focus on developing relationships, portfolio management, and fundraising. We review over 100 middle market targets per year representing several billion dollars of equity investment opportunities.
Hedge Fund Managers
Extend your team with on-demand analytical and technical support for your research and trading. We stay current on developments in trading and data science technologies to help you make better decisions.
Early Stage Managers
Achieve business milestones by outsourcing non-core functions, such as back-office, analytics, and investor relations. Having started several businesses, we enjoy working with early stage managers on bringing their ideas to life.
Search Fund Managers
Since 2013 we have been helping search funds with deal sourcing, due diligence, and post-closing projects. Our goal is to enable a more efficient search process that connects every entrepreneur with the right acquisition.
Hyde Park Investment Services, Inc. is a Delaware corporation with offices in New York City, Boston, and Santa Monica. Named after Hyde Park neighborhood in Chicago, the home of the University of Chicago, HPIS provides analytical services to business & investment decision-makers. Our clients include executives and directors of private and public companies, investment firms, and family offices. Our team has extensive international business experience on all continents and a track record with over $14 billion in closed transactions.
Evgeny founded HPIS to facilitate business transactions and processes with custom analytics and execution services. His professional experience in law, private equity, and business inspired him to concentrate on the needs of decision-makers: executives and board members. Born in Moscow, Russia, Evgeny started his career as a lawyer at Noerr LLP, a leading European law firm, specializing in mergers & acquisitions and antitrust (competition) law. At Noerr, he represented Daimler, Siemens, Google, AMD, Motorola, Alcoa, Flextronics, and other American and European corporations and investment groups, which motivated him to continue his career internationally. He obtained a Master of Laws from the University of Chicago Law School, where he concentrated on business and received an outstanding service award. Evgeny continued his career in private equity while pursuing additional graduate studies at the University of Chicago for several more years. He has published articles and book chapters on corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, antitrust law, and other business subjects.
Peter has over two decades of management and executive experience in manufacturing, consumer goods, fashion, and fine art industries, primarily in the USA and China. He advises HPIS on investment sourcing, analysis, and fundraising efforts. Peter is the President of the Qing Yuan Friendship Association, a non-profit organization that provides support to companies seeking to establish business connections between China and the USA. He holds a Master’s degree in art analysis & investment and is an expert on international trade.
Yuelin (James) Wang
James obtained dual degrees in Computational Science & Engineering and Environmental Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology. He focuses on data collection, database management, advanced computational data analytics (machine learning models), and data-driven decision-making (quantitative trading strategies) for HPIS. He has developed an AI automatic trading system based on random forest and reinforcement Q-learning model, which uses technical indicators as input. He participates in the Udacity “Artificial Intelligence for Trading” Nano-degree program in collaboration with WorldQuant.
He (Nancy) Wang
Nancy Wang holds a MS in Econometrics and Quantitative Economics from Brandeis University and a BA from Jilin University (top 10 in China). She has been with the company since 2018 and made progress from an intern to manager of market research. She has written and edited over 60 industry research reports and was a key contributor in due diligence of several transactions in healthcare, apparel, and food manufacturing industries. She is a CFA Level 2 and FRM Level 1 candidate.
Johannes de Nova
Johannes de Nova graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of California, Berkeley, and received his MA in Social Sciences from the University of Chicago. He is an academic and research specialist at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and was formerly a social sciences researcher at the Lawrence Hall of Science. Johannes has been with HPIS since its foundation, focusing on operations and back-office functions.
- Full 3-statement LBO model
- Free cash flow model
- Returns & distributions schedules
- Modeling of financing & operational scenarios
- Funds flow modeling
- TTM analysis
- Working capital analysis
- DCF and other valuation models
- Break-even analysis
- Margin analysis
- Sensitivity analysis
- Customer analysis & profiles
- Competitor analysis & profiles
- Product / service analysis & profiles
- Pricing analysis
- Industry trends & forecasts research
- Investment considerations & risks assessment
- Industry expert interviews
- Customer interviews
- Technology assessment
- Investment thesis development and verification
- Market mapping and growth strategy development
- “Proprietary” deal sourcing and other B2B communications
- Screening and logging of opportunities and communications
- Access to over 3,000 sell side professionals
- Pre-screened acquisition targets
- Sourcing acquire-hire and other add-ons
- Trade show intelligence
- Custom market studies for any industry and geography
- Custom research of market and economic data
- Competitive analysis of markets, products, services, and organizations
- Access to profiles of U.S. public companies
- Access to historical and real time market and economic data
- Custom research of investment products and strategies
- Custom dashboards with market, economic, and other business data
- Fine art valuation and investment analysis
- Audit of existing data infrastructure
- Finding and obtaining new relevant data
- Data review, storage, and automatic updating
- Data analysis, modification, and enrichment
- Data reporting, exploration tools, and dashboards
- Data visualization & mapping
- Machine learning model development and training
- Access pre-verified leads
- Outsourced analyst office
- Deal sourcing strategy
- Custom target lists
- Deal referrals from bankers and brokers
- Key points for CEO calls
- Modeling & due diligence
- Representing foreign startup founders
- CEO, CFO, COO advisory
- Investor relations and communications
- Market entry strategy and establishing a business presence
- Independent director services
- Customer research and communications
- Board meeting presentations
- HR management services